11.14.2007

Do you know what phrases have been stuck in my mind all day?

1. start with straight shots and then pop bottles
flirt with the hoodrats and then pop bottles
2. WE BOTTLE-POPPIN'...WE BOTTLE POPPIN'...
3. BROWN PAPER BAG!!!! BROWN PAPER BAAAAAAAAG!!!!

Hip-Hop is so fucking stupid now. I mean, I suppose there is decent "indie" hip-hop out there but I don't have time to seek that shit out--I'm not going to Fat Beats every week anymore, if that place is even still around. I do, however, acknowledge that Mannie Fresh is a genius, and has been ever since the first BG record. I don't get this whole thing with champagne though. Isn't it really hard to get drunk on that shit? The whole thing with which alcoholic beverages are "cool" at any given times is so fucking dumb. For example, why Patron? Why not Sauza--a fine tequila, by any measure. And why Goose? Why not Chopin or that other vodka that comes in a three-feet-tall bottle with a painting on it or whatever the fuck?
And "Brown Paper Bag"...it's like they were sitting around a table, saying some shit like:
"Okay, what aspect of selling drugs have we not mentioned yet? Anyone?Fuck, this is hard!!!"
"Um...don't they sell coke out of a brown paper bags?"
"GO WITH THAT!"

No comments: