12.27.2007

Circles, man--life fucking moves in circles

The last song in MJ's in Fully Flared (extensive review forthcoming, I assure you) is by this hipster band She Wants Revenge. So I read on the SLAP boards or somewhere that the singer is a gentleman by the name of Justin Warfield, and he is "sponsored" by Krew & Supra and some other shit. So thought to myself, "no, it couldn't be..." because I knew She Wants Revenge is some hipster band. I think I heard them on Sirius 26 when my wife was in the car or whatever the fuck.
NOTE: I usually listen to Sirius 23, 45, 19, 24 (the Nineties channel, of course) or 10 now that it's all Springsteen.
So I went diggin' in the crates. I only have two crates left; I sold the others the last 2 times we moved. Lo and behold, I found THIS:


Trip the fuck out. That dude totally switched his style up. Most people do, though from the time they're 20 to the time they're 34 or whatever. If you don't, you're some kind of sociopath. I used to watch that video on Rap City almost every day; I even purchased the cd and reviewed it for the high school newspaper. It was okay for the time, I guess...I don't feel like listening to it though. "Season of the Vic," his single before that album, is a banger, though. Download that shit.

No comments: